BIG THANKS TO ALL HOW HELP MAKE BODY & SOUL SENIOR FITNESS A STRONG PROGRAM FOR SENIOR ADULTS.
2018…what a wonderful year! This year we celebrated 10 amazing years of service. Take a look at what happened in 2018:
• Added 19 new members
• Held 432 fitness classes
• Held 11 monthly lunches
• Special programs: Active Aging Health fair, “What would you do?” workshop w/Mecklenburg Council on Aging, Dementia Live presented by Stress Free Home Care, participation in the Parkinson’s Walk
• Provided 4 community talks
• Community service project- socks donated (218 pair)
• Day trips – Biltmore x2, Columbia Zoo, Wing Haven Garden, Mint Museum, Southern Christmas Show, Supreme Fruitcake Factory
• Plays attended: “Always a Bridesmaid” and “GodSpell”
• 10 year celebration and celebration picnic
All of this makes me smile. When you look at statistics on loneliness and depression in the senior adult population, you realize that the activities, friendship and fun that Body & Soul Senior Fitness provides is making a real difference. The take away: It is because you have volunteered, donated and supported the programs of Body & Soul Senior Fitness that all of this is possible.